Vastu Shastra For Main Door, Entrance
Main or Entrance Door Vastu – Effect of Directions
North:- If you want to locate the entrance door in North wall of a home, then make sure the door is in North-East section of North wall. The reason for this is to allow morning sun (UV Rays for purification), fresh light and air to enter the home from East. Also keep the door towards center of wall (not exactly at center) and locate a window near North-East corner
South:- If you want to locate entrance of a home in South wall, then locating the door towards South-East is auspicious; avoid having the door at center or South-West portion of wall. For all houses having main door in South direction, it’s must to have another door in North direction also.
To remove Vastu Dosh of main entrance at South-West direction, Place Vastu Swastik at both sides of gate and Vastu Pyramids at both sides of gate.
Place a Panch Mukhi Hanuman ji in standing position with gada in left hand (as if ready for a war) on the top of the main door.
East:- To locate main entrance door in East wall, vastu suggests keeping it in North-East part
West:- North-West half of West wall is more suitable for main entrance as per vastuThe below diagram helps you identify best locations for entrance door for a house as per vastu shastra.
Vastu Tips for Main or Entrance Door: What to Do
- Make the main door of a home the largest door.
- A two shuttered main door opening inside and clockwise is auspicious.
- Use very good quality wood for main entrance.
- Make sure that main door is noise free while opening or closing.
- Always keep entrance door well lit with bright lights.
- Make sure to have a beautiful name plate on entrance of a home; this attracts prosperity, wealth and happiness.
- Have a threshold at main door; it makes sure that you avoid loss of wealth.
- Always have some beautiful design and paint on main door. In other words avoid keeping main door dull and drab.
- Make the main door a bit higher than ground level and keep number of steps odd.
- Main door must be above ground level and not below in any case.
- Best option is to have two main doors in a home, one for entry and another for exit having two and one shutters respectively.
- Make exit door smaller than entrance one.
- Locate entrance at least a feet away from any corner.
- Immediately replace cracked or aged doors to avoid tough time and loss of respect.
- Make sure that total number of door and windows in a house are even (e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.) and not end with 0 (such as, 10, 20, 30 etc.
- Main door should always open inwards.
Vastu Tips for Main or Entrance Door: What to Avoid
- Avoid slanting, sliding or circular opening entrances.
- Avoid having main door facing directly to another home’s main entrance.
- Avoid main door directly facing a compound wall.
- Avoid underground tank, septic tank etc. under a home’s main door.
- Avoid any shadows on main door especially shadows of other buildings, plants etc.
- Don’t keep shoes in front of main entrance, keep them at a side.
- Don’t keep garbage or dustbin near main entrance as they emit negative energy.
- Avoid automatic closing main doors.
- Avoid main entrance facing intersecting roads.
- Avoid main door at center of any wall.
- Avoid black color for main door.
- Avoid temples or any other religious place directly in-front of main entrance.
- Avoid obstructing things like poles, trees, wires etc, in front of main entrance.
- Avoid arched windows and doors as they distort positive energy pattern.
- Lift of building should not face entrance.
- Entrance of house should not face temple.