Vastu shastra For Kitchen
It would be ideal if the kitchen was made in the south-east corner of the house. If not, another great option is the northwest corner of the house. The south-east corner is considered the best as the element of fire governs in this direction. Hence, it is the best option for making the kitchen.
The cooking gas is almost as essential as the placement of the kitchen in the house. Therefore, it too should be in the south-east direction. This is because when a person cooks food they should be facing to the east only.
Sinks and taps in the kitchen indicate flowing water. They should be placed in the north-east direction and away from the cooking stove. This is because fire and water are opposite elements and they repel each other.
If the kitchen houses the refrigerator then it should be placed in the south-west direction but be kept at least a foot away from the corner. Avoid placing it in the north-east direction.
Windows are important too as Vastu Shashtra says that one or two windows in the kitchen are a must! An air hole or an exhaust is a must and it should be placed in the east in the kitchen. Windows – large or small should be placed in the east while if there are ventilators, it should be placed in the southern direction.
The modern kitchen is incomplete without electronic appliances. Today, the kitchen is filled with ovens, microwaves, heaters etc. These should be placed in the south or the south-east direction of the kitchen. Please note, these appliances should never be placed in the north-east direction.
Storage is an important part of the kitchen too. We need storage for food grains, crockery, utensils etc. The storage cupboards should be made on the southern or western walls in the kitchen. It is best to avoid the north and east side walls.
Drinking water vessels, be it an earthen pot, filter, RO, pitcher etc. these should be placed in the north-east side.
Ensure that your kitchen doesn’t share a wall with the toilet or bathroom. Plus, in multi-storey homes, it is important to ensure that the kitchen is never made below a bathroom or toilet.
- Kitchen in North will give heavy financial losses
- Kitchen in North west can create havoc
- Kitchen in west can burn your Career
- Kitchen in south west can leave you with no authority on your work force
- Kitchen in South gives Overall Instability
What You Must Avoid:
- Avoid kitchen directly under or above pooja/prayer room.
- Do not have kitchen directly under or above toilets.
- Avoid kitchen directly under or above bedroom.
- Do not place cooking gas burner or stove directly in front kitchen’s entrance door.
- Do not have main door of kitchen in any corners; place it in East, North or West wall.
- A kitchen in North-East causes mental tension among family members and they suffer great losses. This is a common vastu defect, Kitchen in South-West leads to clashes among family members.
- A kitchen in North-West direction is acceptable but it leads to increase in monetary expenditure.
- Most dangerous kitchen is the one placed in North direction; as North is Lord Kubera’s (the God of Wealth) direction, having kitchen in North will increase expenditure of family beyond expectations and control.
- Never face west while cooking as this leads to severe health problems to the cook.
- If – while cooking – the cook faces south then family has to face monetary losses.
- Avoid black color for kitchen wall and flooring.
- Avoid keeping refrigerator in North-East direction.
What You Must Do:
- Place platform of the kitchen in East and South-East corner.
- Put cooking gas burner or stove in South-East corner of kitchen, make sure that it is a few inches away from wall.
- Provide “L” shaped platform, next to the kitchen’s main platform, near South wall and use this platform for keeping and operating microwave ovens, mixer/grinder etc.
- Use North-East to set up wash-basin or sink in the kitchen.
- Use North-East or North side to keep drinking water and utensils for drinking water.
- Keep grain boxes, pulses, various spices, salt etc. in South or West direction.
- Have two windows/gaps in East and West walls of kitchen and place an exhaust fan in any of the windows/gaps.
- You can optionally place a dining table in North-West or West side of kitchen.
- Keep light weight things in East or North in kitchen.
- Build mezzanine floor in West or South of kitchen.
- The cook must always face towards East while cooking; this ensures good health of family members.
- Use yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red as floor and wall colors of kitchen.
- You can place a refrigerator in South-East, South, West or North direction of Kitchen. If the refrigerator is in South-West direction then place it a foot away from wall else it will often get out-of-order.
- Give sacred offering to fire of the first thing you prepare in kitchen to make sure peace and prosperity.
- Clean kitchen, kitchen platform and utensils daily at night before sleeping.
Just follow all above mentioned vastu tips and you can – and definitely will – feel a big and positive change in your life.
Kitchen in South West :-
- Place the gas stove in the South East part of the kitchen.
- In the South East room (the actual place of kitchen) keep a stool and cook something daily, such as, boil rice, make tea etc. This will create an auxiliary kitchen at correct location.
- Paint kitchen with yellow color.
- Make sure to use minimum water within kitchen. Try to wash utensils etc. outside kitchen.
- If you can, raise the level of kitchen flooring. This will make sure that kitchen is at a higher elevation than neighboring rooms.
Kitchen in North East :-
A kitchen in North East is considered very inauspicious in vastu shastra.
- Place a Siddha Vastu Kalash
- Worship Lord Shiva daily
- Keep a pyramid in North East of kitchen
- Place bronze bowls at the ceiling of kitchen in upside down position in North, East and North East part – make sure that none of the bowl is directly above gas stove.
· Paint the Kitchen with Lemon Yellow color.